One more arena map has been added to the game, named Scrapyard Night. It is taking place at night, inside a small scrapyard, surrounded with walls of metal sheets.
The stacks of metal scrap provide an efficient cover against the cyborgs and the terrain itself has highs denivelation giving a lot of spots to jump when cyborgs are firing.
Since the map is smaller than the others, the boost bonus are easier to find, which make possible to collect many of them in the same time and use multiple boost bonus simultaneously.
Each collected boost reset the delay of the last boost for 15 seconds, so as long as you find new ones you can keep the previous boost effects!
Improvements were also done to the game, changes list for this update :
- Added Scrapyard Night arena map.
- Fixed cyborgs on arena mode not spawning.
- Fixed the batteries dropped by cyborg bosses sometimes disappearing.
- Fixed the texture of the grenades crate.
- Fixed achievement to unlock when clearing the adventure map from all cyborgs.
- Fixed unlimited grenades boost not being removed when expired.
- Made the cyborgs more bright and distinctive.
- Improved Arena mode to be harder after a period of time.
- Lessen the time needed to survive in arena mode to unlock the arena maps achievements.
- Optimisations done for the cyborgs characters.
- Optimisations for the game menu.
- Starting a game with hard difficulty will now remove the HUD and cross-hair for a better immersion.
Hopefully the game is getting closer to leaving Early Access to reach the full release.
Thanks for reading.
With the goal of adding more content to the game and increasing its value and playing lifetime, additional levels for the arena mode were planed and are now being added to the game.
For this update, a new arena map named Military Base has been added in addition of the 2 arena maps already available in the game.
This new map is consisting of a military camp which you may have been familiar if you have already played the adventure map.
As the other arena maps, you will need to resist for as long as possible against waves of cyborgs using the boost bonus randomly spawning on the map and which will give you extra power and abilities.
The camp is surrounded by heavy fortifications made with large blocks of sandbags and barbed wires.
With destructible tents inside and by using grenades, most of the camp can be destroyed. This would become handy to easily find the spawning boost bonus and to create a clear view to spot incoming cyborgs.
Along this new map, some minor improvements were added such as the ability to crush cyborgs with the buggy, along a couple of bugs fixes.
Thanks for reading.
Cyborg Arena has just been released this last week-end as an Early Access on Steam ! It is featuring the adventure map with 2 arena maps, and some additional arena maps are still in development and should come soon.
The adventure map is complete and features a story line where the player will discover the plot by listening to conversations between soldiers and commanders through the radios placed on the map. Voice acting has been done with subtitles to enhance the atmosphere.
The game has also already received many updates since its release to improve it and fix some issues which have been appearing lately. Here is a list of the small tweaks and fixes which were done :
- Fixed the cyborg boss sometimes not spawning in the small scrapyard of the adventure map
- Auto-shotgun is now more accurate
- Fixed lags in the arena mode
- Fixed the player collision mesh when crouching
- Fixed cyborgs who could not hit the player
- Added more cyborgs in the military base
- Fixed firing impacts effects of the cyborgs.
- Medkits will now extend boost time in arena mode
- Re-adjusted cyborgs accuracy for easy and medium difficulty
- Added a congratulation screen when completing the adventure map
Achievements were also added, with a total of 17 achievements to unlock. You can find the full list here : http://steamcommunity.com/stats/706440/achievements
More improvements and updates will of course come in the future. The next update should see the third arena map added to the game, which should be Scrapyard Night or Military Base.
Thanks for reading.
I am very pleased to announce that Cyborg Arena is now available as an Early Access. The game will continue to be worked out and improved until the final release.
If you would be encountering any bugs or issues during playing, please let me know on the forum so that it can be addressed. The same also apply if you may have a suggestion or some feedback for the game.